CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Painting the rooms






The girls and I have been organizing all week and now I have finally been able to start painting our bedroom. Fortunately we had left over paint from when we painted the house so that's what I used. I was a little scared when I first put up the paint but now I really like it. Now all we need is curtains and a new bathroom. I'll take pictures of the finished result tomorrow morning.


This room used to be the girls room. I'm not quite sure why we gave them the master bedroom with a walk in closet and bathroom. I finally got tired of this huge bedroom always being a mess, so one day I switched the rooms and in that commotion I never got around to painting the walls. The new color is what I would call Mushroom. Ceci and Brianna had such a fun time painting the walls. Ceci did the ABC's and Brianna just doodled.




So here are Nicole and Grandma painting what used to be the Playroom. Mom is moving in with us for a while. She and Gigi lived together in an apartment, but now that Gigi and Mike are getting married she decided to give them the apartment. We are very excited to have Mom / Grandma live with us.


We have been in our home for 3 1/2 yrs and we have never known what these light switches are attached to. Buying a home is always an adventure, but I seriously worried about these funky switches. Would there be a fire in my wall or am I opening the garage door and not even knowing it? Well today my questions were answered. tom figures it all out and now I don't have to walk all the way down to the garage to turn off the driveway lights and the front door light, now I can turn them off at the top of the steps. They are still funky, the red light goes on when the light are on, so at least you know when your light are on. Oh by the way the turquoise is what the whole house was painted in. Oh yes a wonderful color! and also flat paint, how could you paint something flat with kids? That would never last with our family.

0 comments: