CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Young Womens

So today was my last Tuesday night activity with the Wilmington First Ward, after 3 1/2 years I had it coming (HaHa). Christine and I always joked arond saying that we would be in the young Womens Presidency untill our girls were coming in and THEN we would get released. But with all that I must say the I have truly enjoyed the girls, and have learned so much from them.
At first when I was called to be the Second Councilor I was a bit shocked. I was barly 7 years older than the Laurals, but the Lord knows what's best.
I also had the opportunity to work with wonderful women who are now good friends of mine.
I am very thankful for them and will miss working with them, but as one book closes another opens and now have been called to be the Second Councilor in the Relief Society.
I now have an opportunity to get to know another group of wondeful women. Lets see what life brings now.

3 comments:

Maxwells said...

I am so sad you were stolen from us! But I am very grateful that I was able to be in YWs with you, I can't imagaine how else I wouldv'e gotten to know you as well. It sure won't be the same.

terahreu said...

Wow, I am so jealous you got to spend over 3 years with the girls. They are awesome and I miss them a lot. Who is in the presidency now?

RS, hum? That will be fun. Who is the president?

I love getting these updates all the way in Nepal. Yeah for blogging!

Evelyn said...

You know for the last 8 years I have been in the primary/nursery. And in my new ward I really didn't know many sisters, until about 9 months ago when I was called in R.S. (over enrichment too). So good luck, and maybe we can help each other with ideas.