We had the chance to spend a week with family we don't get to see very often, we soaked up as much as we could in a short period of time. Thank you to my wonderful family for being so much fun, and to my husband for putting up with my crazy organized way of life and to my girls for being so good. N said to me on the car ride home that she understands now why I always say to her that her sister will be her best friend for the rest of her life. C will be there for her now as a play mate and some one to talk to late at night and as they grow older they will become the closest of friends. This vacation they played together and got along so well, I love to see them together whispering secrets to each other and playing together. I hope that they enjoyed this vacation as much as I did.
N and C on a roller coaster. Their Cousin E is in the car behind them with her friend (she is actually hidden behind the head rest).
It was a kids roller coaster, but it went really fast!
They loved it.
Cousin M and Cousin M are on the left hand side of the ride. The ride went 5G's. They are thrill seekers and this was right up their alley. You would never catch me up there, actually you wouldn't catch me any where near there. I took this picture from the next pier 1/4 of a mile away.
One of the few pictures of T and me. Waiting for the girls to finish their ride.
Cousin M and his girlfriend J again on a ride that flip you upside down and backwards and all different ways. Don't get me wrong I love roller coasters but the crazy rides I just don't dig. Glad some one out there does. It looks like they had a blast riding the ride.
N and Cousin E sitting on one of the bulk heads by our beach house watching the sun set over the bay. N has always loved spending time with E. I am glad that E takes the time to be with the girls even if it's just for a little bit. Those times are what stick with the girls. N and C both look up to her and she is a great example of the type of girls they can be. Thanks E for spending time with them.
N, C and E waiting for the sun to set.

N, C and J getting their feet and legs buried in the sand. Cousin M and J played with the girls on the beach each day. N and C had a blast with all of their cousins.
Cousins M, M, J and J buried N and made her into a Beautiful Mermaid. Fortunately N doesn't mind sand in all the wrong places. N you look fantastic.
The cousins made C into a squid, but she wasn't very happy with them. She wanted to be a Mermaid also and when she figured out that she wasn't one she covered her face and pouted. She was a fantastic squid while it lasted.
On one of the days we went to the Cape May Zoo. If you ever get a chance to go and visit we highly recommend it. It was so nice and it is FREE! The girls had fun feeding the goats. I'm not going to post many pictures because honestly I took too many.
N, C and J getting their feet and legs buried in the sand. Cousin M and J played with the girls on the beach each day. N and C had a blast with all of their cousins.
A picture of N, C and me in front of the Giraffe's.
Cousins M and J and Uncle B with C at the zoo. The day got really hot, but we still had a blast.
Cousin M and his girl friend J. Looking cute as always. M had sunglasses to match each of his outfits. On the board walk it was sun glass heaven for him.
Our last day on the beach and the Jelly Fish came out to play and I never went in to play:-(
Cousin E scooped one up and showed N and C. C wanted to dissect it and see what would happen. I was more terrified that it would still sting. The thing was still alive.
The last night all together. On Friday night in Wild Wood they have fire works. BUT they were canceled that night. Fortunately we brought sparklers and Uncle D brought light up bracelets. We played soccer on the beach for a little bit with Cousins S and E. Fun last Night out.
Towards the end of the night a very tired little C. All week they were averaging a bed time of 11pm. I guess this is what happens on the last night of vacation.
Cousin M and his wife J. All vacation I would say OK Gillis Girls lets get going and J would turn. I kept forgetting that we aren't the only Gillis Girls anymore. We are so glad we got to know J.
The Piers were a ton of fun. Can't wait to go back.
The Gillis families and Brown Family
.
0 comments:
Post a Comment